Updated: August 2020
WHO WE ARE
TubeSift (Tube Sift LLC and their parents, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors — collectively, “TubeSift,” “we,” or “us”) provides services that help brands and businesses increase the productivity and effectiveness of their video marketing efforts on video advertising platforms.
HOW THIS POLICY APPLIES
WHAT WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
TUBESIFT SOFTWARE-AS-A-SERVICE (WEB APP)
In order for you to create an account on TubeSift and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information you provide by completing forms on TubeSift — your name, email and postal address, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, or if you contact us;
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services. TubeSift partners with other companies (such as PayPal and Stripe) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. TubeSift doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with TubeSift (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site);
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you save on TubeSift such as the names and details of your saved lists.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services.
TUBESIFT BOOKMARKER (GOOGLE CHROME EXTENSION)
TubeSift Bookmarker is a free Google Chrome Extension tool that enables you to quickly bookmark YouTube video ads to visit later.
In order for you to use TubeSift Bookmarker, certain information is collected and sent to our server. Depending on your use of the software, that may include:
- Your email address used for registration/activation of TubeSift Bookmarker to unlock features.
- The video IDs of only the video ads that are shown as you browse YouTube. This information is used for performance monitoring and debugging purposes. It also enables us to provide additional in-line information on the video ads (such as statistical information) to you in the future. No information on the actual (non-ads) videos being watched will ever be sent to our server. When "seen on video" is enabled in the Settings of TubeSift Bookmarker, this information is only stored locally on your computer.
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
Apart from the email address provided for the initial registration/activation, no browsing history or any personally identifiable information will ever be sent to us by TubeSift Bookmarker. Only the video IDs of video ads are communicated to our server for the purposes mentioned above. Information on the actual (non-ads) videos that are being watched and your browing history will never be sent to our server.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our Services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on TubeSift;
- To communicate with you, and with your permission, send you information (via email) on relevant offers, products and services from time to time;
- To provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications (through advertising and retargeting platforms) we believe are of interest to you; and
- To track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve how TubeSift is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
EUROPEAN UNION USERS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at support "at" tubesift.com. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States, Japan and Singapore where our servers are located.
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the Services.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws require us to retain records of payments made through our Services.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.
We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
HOW THIS INFORMATION IS SHARED
Information that’s shared publicly
None of your account information is shared publicly. There is no public profile for your TubeSift account.
Information that isn’t shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your email address;
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your profile information, including your name, address and membership information;
- Your saved lists and any data generated by you in your TubeSift account; and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
Information that’s shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect TubeSift’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors, or use services that help us manage our customer information). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the TubeSift Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
Information that’s shared to protect TubeSift and comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect TubeSift’s legal rights, property, or the safety of TubeSift, its employees, users, or others.
Links to other websites and services
As described above, we may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe are of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at:
You can opt out of targeted advertising from the following advertising platforms using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
When you provide us with your email address or place an order for any of our Products or Services, we will maintain your contact information and order information for our records and marketing purposes unless and until you request us to delete this information.
We will retain your account information (such as saved placement lists in your account) for as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We may also retain certain account information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect TubeSift’s legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
YOUTUBE API SERVICES
TubeSift uses YouTube API Services to present publicly available video information. By using TubeSift, you agree to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service (https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
). TubeSift includes direct links to YouTube for video playback and does not use any embedded YouTube players. In addition, TubeSift does not connect or require any access or permissions to your Google or YouTube account. TubeSift does not access or collect any authorized data or user information from your Google or YouTube account. For more information on Google privacy policies, you may refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all TubeSift users can manage their personal information, as further described below:
You can request a downloadable copy of your personal data on TubeSift by contacting us at support "at" tubesift.com. To modify the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. You can also delete all lists that you have saved to TubeSift from the corresponding "Lists" section in the members' area. If you cancel your TubeSift subscription, all saved lists and user-generated data on your account will be automatically deleted 60 days after your account expires. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out to any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your transactions on TubeSift. With your permissions and in accordance with your preferences, we will also send you certain marketing email communications, from which you can opt out at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link included in all marketing email communications.
We’ll also send you service-related announcements when it’s necessary to do so.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. We also have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so TubeSift cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use TubeSift on their own. TubeSift does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at support "at" tubesift.com. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.